From my previous post on battered mind you find out that depression is quite exhausting. Although it’s the world most common mental disorder, with other forms emotional distress.
What is Depression?
Depression is a strong emotion that exhibit high levels of physiological arousal which often makes you feels suicidal. It’s an extended period of feeling extremely low, which also disrupt a person’s ability to enjoy life like;
- Body; Headaches, change of appetite which often lead to either weight gain or weight loss. Always getting tired, body aches and pains, weak immunity, sleeping less or more.
- Thoughts; This is the worst of it all because, you are extremely unnecessarily sad, irritable which makes you feel that they aren’t good enough, lonely, empty etc. always pessimistic, and having negative appearance, preoccupied with death or suicide, unable to get focused and motivated positively.
- Behaviour; you feel withdrawn from social activities, slowed speech, decreased interest for sex (ADULTS) Difficult finding or starting a task, or not keeping up with their responsibilities.
The symptoms are many which varies in severity, you owe yourself the love that you so freely give to yourself and others. A lot of people strive so hard to survive and if they don’t get positive results in their lives, they give up. There are lots of stories about men and women jumping over the bridge, just to end their lives. A lot of people judged them, even though such act is condemnable, before God and the world. Sometimes, you just want to give up on life, probably because, no one want to understand your feelings, and even if they do, they will still judge you. Very understandable! At every moment of our lives, we all go through some phases in our lives. Morealso, we all have our ways of coping with any situation. Apparently, self recovery can make you more anxious; having a ill feeling that it’s getting worse. Feel free to cry, isolate yourself if you wish to. Always remember that; “it get worse before it gets better.
However, start your recovery process by not believing the things you tell yourself when you are sad and alone?
Like a soul sucking torture; fighting an exhausting battles against your self.
Then, wake up every morning to fight the same demon that left you so tired the night before and the NEGATIVE committee of friends that meets inside your head, to sit down and shut up! Because you deserve to be happy.
In case no one told you today;
- You are beautiful, you’re loved.
- You’re needed.
- You are alive for a reason.
- You’re stronger than you think.
- You’re going to get through this.
Never give up!
- Stop hating your self for everything you aren’t, and start loving yourself for everything you already are.
- Be strong for getting out of bed in the morning when it feels like hell.
- Do things even though they scare you or make you anxious.
- You’re amazing for trying and holding on no matter how hard life gets. Be you’re proud of yourself!
Remember that no matter how useless you feel, you’re someone’s reason to smile.
Never give up because this is a battle of the mind that you must win.
Nobody will protect you from your sufferings. Sometimes, therapy don’t seem to help, The awful feeling is there but you have to survive, endure, love and run as far as you can, towards the direction of your purpose in life.
Depression is a mental illness, not a choice.
Always remember that it’s not something you can “snap out of” but you can you choose to be happy instead.
Shout out to everyone fighting a battle, that most people don’t understand. You are more awesome than you think!
Thanks for reading,