Metabolism refers to the system that converts what you eat and drink into energy. It’s a two part process consisting of anabolism and catabolism. During anabolism, energy is created and stored, and during catabolism, energy is released. Metabolism processes everything you eat. However, the faster your metabolism, the more calories you burn. And more calories you burn, the easier you lose extra weight.
However, I will be giving you 10 ways, on how to boost your metabolism.
- Drink two glasses of water, first thing in the morning, and 2-3 litres of water a day. Water keeps you hydrated, and increases your energy levels.
- Eat breakfast with rich nutrients, to burn more calories and makes you feel full longer.
- Get enough sleep at least, at least 8 hours, sleeping makes your metabolism to spike up.
- Drink green tea, because it contains catechin and antioxidants, which stimulates fat oxidation and metabolism.
- Build more muscles, it burns more calories than fat.
- Eat lots of spicy foods, it increases your energy level and provides a high content of vitamin A and C.
- Eat Greek yogurt because, it has an excellent source of protein. You can get it any mall, like Mallmart, Shoprite, Spar (Nigeria)
- Increase your fibre intake, it helps your stomach process sugar quickly. Ensure you eat a high fibre meal a day.
FACTORS THAT SLOWS YOUR METABOLISM:
- Skipping breakfast
- Sleep deprivation
- Eating too less.
Thanks for reading,